Monday, December 12, 2011

First Piano Recital

After weeks of practicing Jingle Bells, Jolly Old Saint Nicholas, Good King Wenceslas, and Baby Owl, recital night finally arrived.



A sparkling princess was ready to go!



Tapping toes wait!



A grand performance!


*******************************************

Cruising home the radio blared country music, as we laughed and talked.

Then Kade started, "Red solo cup!"

Dad chimed in, "Red solo cup!"

And the six year old didn't miss a beat with the next line, "I fill you up."

Suddenly the Klinghagen 5 broke into full song--compliments of Toby Keith. No need for radio now, as the suburban rolled and rollicked down the streets of the upscale neighborhood. One should never let Montanans at heart move into the neighborhood.

Rednecks anyway.

Disclaimer: This is not my song of choice, and frankly I was not impressed when I first heard the strains come across the sole country radio station in the bay area. You must seek it out for yourself...if you must...but you have been warned!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures and can't wait to hear her play in person ... can't wait to see you rednecks tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete