My son is at camp.
It is very, very quiet without him (remind me of this on the chaotic days when I dream of quietness...)
I love this moment I captured of him fishing with his dad in the kayak.
My oldest daughter is in Portugal.
Her absence compounds the quietness.
Thank you, Facetime! I can see her suntanned and smiling face--she is so excited to share the day's activities with me. Yesterday she was delighted that she was able to say thank you to the donut vendor in Portuguese.
She basks in the sunshine at the beach daily--though I think she spends the most time in the water, as she loves to swim in the ocean.
Amidst the quietness at home, my birthday arrived. We enjoyed dining out and returning to ice-cream cake, as you can see the party was small, especially with Kiahra hiding behind the camera.
And amidst the ripples of life I embrace another year...
Happy birthday sis-star! Wish We had been there! Xoxo
ReplyDelete