A small Texas town was our destination for lunch. Roosters offered Mexican food--and I loved the guacomole! The cook even came out to chat and ensure we were satisfied with our meal. I miss small town America.
Evening found us in Oklahoma City, so we stopped for the night. The humid heat almost melted us when we stepped out of the air conditioning. Nonetheless, we ventured back into the city to dine at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar. The fried catfish was great!
Posed on the tailgate
Later that evening we returned to the campground and a cacophony of cicadas greeted us. The trees were buzzing so loudly that Kade was certain he could get a glimpse of the noisy bugs with his flashlight, but alas, he could not.
Then at 2 AM the thunder started rolling and later the rain began to pour...and pour...and pour.
A few hours later we were on the road again towards Arkansas. Soon the rolling prairie hills gave way to Ozark hills.
Nearly 1000 miles later in the mid afternoon, we reached our destination on the banks of the Mississippi River.
Here the Tom Sawyer RV park welcomed us, and we could watch the boats move up and down the river.
Four great kids with four different personalities
Mom and Dad ready for dinner!
I managed to capture a great moment with the kids and their dad next to that Mighty Mississippi.
All those hours of bonding on the road...and everyone is still smiling!

Fun!! :) I love all the photos!
ReplyDelete