Saturday, April 26, 2014

0 to 18.


She changed our world forever.

From the first moment I laid eyes on her, the bond I felt from the first flutter kicks was welded forever.  As I held our tiny baby girl, I fell in love--a love so strong and so deep that even potty training and the teenage years couldn't shake it!

As I stared in wonder at the tiny life we had created, my heart melted.  Her sweet pink lips, button nose, tiny hands...and little toes.  She was perfect in my eyes.

I dreamed of the little girl she would become--full of smiles, who would grow in love and give love and find that elusive happiness.

I never dreamed the years would go by so quickly.

I never dreamed she would be blonde and 5'9" tall.


I never dreamed she would play water polo.

So, so many things I didn't anticipate, as I held her in my arms for the first time,

18 years ago. 

In our culture, she becomes an adult today.

High school graduation is just a few weeks away.

She is strong and ready for the next steps in her journey.

 But I never dreamed it would be so hard to let go...

even as I dreamed she would soar.

1 comment: