I love watching the sun set.
Even as a little girl, the sun slipping behind the horizon on the prairie was my favorite time of day.
Sunsets are part of my favorite memories.
Spectacular vacation sunsets are important because I can enjoy them with my family and unhurried by life.
My sunset pictures are identifiable to me by color first~even before the terrain.
I love that every sunset is unique and beautiful no matter where I live.
My favorite fishermen discovered the best fishing was after sunset. The catfish would keep them
entertained for hours as the surf rolled in and out, lapping at their feet~the gulf breeze with it.
My favorite photographer captured our last evening sunset on Dauphin Island with the pelicans.
Sunsets rejuvenate my spirit~always a good way to end any day.
Eighteen years ago, I was counting sunsets...eight months pregnant and filled with anticipation--A boy? Or a girl? What would he/she look like? What little personality would blossom in this tiny baby? What would his/her laughter sound like? What would she love? What would she dislike?
Never mind the "little" personality--our daughter did not disappoint;)
I love the sound of her laughter.
She too loves sunsets.
She too dislikes beets.
She taught me to love pedicures.
And she is beautiful.
But how did the sun set on the spring break of her senior year so quickly?
All the milestones flood over me like the tide...my tears salty too.

No comments:
Post a Comment