Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fireflies

If my memory serves me correctly, a year ago we were cruising across the West closing in on our destination...California--like fireflies flitting here and there.

My new home greeted me late at night, and I still remember the sweet scent of Jasmine, as I stood beneath the moonlight.

Boxes, boxes, boxes were everywhere.

Ironically we were unpacking boxes last night. Some of the ones in the garage that just seemed too daunting to tackle. Last week I sorted through the last six boxes upstairs. These days I tend to recycle or toss quickly.

But this morning, as I sit here quietly with my tea...I miss my old neighborhood. I miss the woods. I miss all the kids playing. I miss the pool. I miss the friendly smiles and waves. I miss Mr. Lessor giving me a hard time about not wearing shoes. I miss the warm nights as the kids played hide and seek with flashlights. I miss the wide open yards that were shared generously...especially as I gaze out at my high fence.

Aaahhh...Pittsburgh I loved my stay with you and all the warm memories...and the fireflies!

2 comments:

  1. Jade still talks about his stay there with you... sounds pretty amazing, i would miss it too!! xoxo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pittsburgh misses you! Fireflies are out. Matthew was out chasing a few nights ago. Pool is still fun. Swim team undefeated 3 years running now! Could use your kids! Meets wouldn't be so close. Mr. Lesser still picking on the kids about no shoes.

    ReplyDelete