Though it was in the moments of celebration I enjoyed watching the kids most. The hastily scrawled signatures and big smiles were shared generously away from the flashing cameras.
My favorite moment of the day was when the boys delightedly unwrapped their present from Mr. Tim who served as a classroom aide. He loved ice breakers, and the kids were always pestering him to share with them. To mark their special day, he brought each child a neatly wrapped gift...their very own package!
My son adored the clever gesture.
These are the moments that bring a lump into my throat. Mr. Tim shared his trademark with the kids. It was not elaborate or hasty. It was a simple token, but he shared something of himself (symbolically) with each child--as he had throughout the year. The boys moved too quickly for me to capture the unwrapping, but I appreciated Mr. Tim's attention to detail. I like to think he reflected on his memories of each child throughout the year, as he carefully prepared their surprise. His heart is that big.
I suspect as the years slip by Kade will look back and remember the man who gave him the Icebreakers and that warm smile. An imprint for the heart.
Yeah Kade! We miss you guys! Seeing his smile made us miss you all even more.
ReplyDeleteMegan