I did it.
I drove home by myself (with Kade who reminded me about the residential trees).
I crossed one of the bridges over San Francisco Bay.
I navigated 5+ lanes of traffic...and managed to follow most of the rules.
I am so proud of myself!! (Couldn't tell, could you? I used "I" five times--just a slight improvement over my "me do it" stage!)
Though I think this photo makes the feat more impressive. The trailer is 30 feet.
Perhaps this is where I will roll the credits...even though they should probably be in the beginning.
Thanks Dad, for teaching me drive...especially that old tilt cab Ford truck. I still remember how to pump breaks...even though there is nothing labor intensive about my new set up. Electric brakes on the camper that are controlled and adjusted by a switch or push of a button in the Suburban (which came factory standard). Oh, and that back-up camera is quite handy for hook-up. Did I mention the shocks on my Suburban automatically sense the trailer and adjust automatically? Here is my fancy anti-sway hitch. Thoughts?
Thanks Ron, for supporting all my crazy ideas and reminding me I can do it! Should I thank you in advance for helping me back into our campground tomorrow??
Thanks Kade, for keeping your prayers silent on the return trip.
Disclaimer: Camping adventure stories will follow.
awesome sis!!!! you are braver then i... but i do think i would like camping better in that thing then my tent :P xoxo
ReplyDelete-lisa