Downieville, CA.
We arrived just in time for the parade.
The intergenerational band.
Uncle Sam on his tricycle.
I hadn't seen Smoky bear since I was a kid!
I suspect Smoky Bear inspired this clever idea too! The parade ended and then returned (one way street through the town of 300), but on the return two people were rolling giant rolls of bubble wrap. Suddenly the sound of firecrackers erupted as the people streamed from the sidewalks into the streets. Each person that walked across the now unrolled bubble wrap created the firecrackers! I loved this clever idea in fire country, as did Kade who danced on the bubble wrap with a friend!
Afterwards, we enjoyed lunch before the 150 year old foot races began. Once again Kade joined in the fun, and he won first place in the 11 year old division--even though he was a bit slow off the line.
Nothing like a small town celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment