Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday

...the 13th.

I am actually rather fond of the number 13. For one, it is the date of my wedding which was a wonderful day--and that was nearly 20 years ago! (For the record, my memory is still just fine which may be contrary to what my children will tell you.)

Tonight, though, I booked a flashlight tour for one the most haunted mansion in American (supposedly). My adventures seekers set out for the Winchester Mansion in San Jose an hour ago.

Chayse and I are staying home tonight primarily because she isn't old enough to go, or at least I'll take that excuse.

Anyway, I am sitting here reading all the folklore about Sarah Winchester. It is quite a story.

Actually, that is what initiated the interest in the old mansion. Kiahra was reading one of my books, Ghosts of the Old West. I had met the author while taking a college class in Billings, MT. One of the chapters was dedicated to the mansion in San Jose. It completely captured her interest. The mansion was added to our to do list, and then we discovered that there was a special tour for tonight.

The rest is history...as they say.

For me, I need to stop reading. My imagination may be scarier than the tour.

And the house is already too quiet for my liking...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I am way too much of a Sally for haunted houses, but I luv that's she gets to go since she was so into that book!

    ReplyDelete