Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"The" Puzzle

Puzzles have turned into a holiday tradition for our family. We gather around the table and talk into the night as the pieces take shape.



My mother worked persistently at this puzzle during her visit. My little sister also joined her. Though it was unfinished on my table when they left, despite a late-night, gallant effort by my oldest daughter.



All the little people in the picture were my sister's favorite. She would study the photo and put the people together again.



Me? I wanted to crawl out the window like this guy...or is he crawling in after a jail break? Either way, I too wanted to make a break from the crazy puzzle.

For the first time in my life I found a puzzle so hard that it wasn't fun, but "the" puzzle is finished.

For you, mom!

Now back in its box it will go and into the donation pile--never to be seen again! (I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment