Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Void

The bedroom at the end of the hall is unusually quiet.  Chex mix is not baking in the oven or corn popping on the stovetop.  Nor is she reading in her favorite chair...or stealing my computer to chat with friends.

I keep looking for her her even though I know she is gone on her own summer adventure with my sister.


One week ago she flew to Indiana...all alone.  Note she only has a carry-on and bag for a 21 day stay!  Miraculous!  She is notorious for packing heavy.  Of course, since it is 30 degrees warmer there shorts and t-shirts were the only sensible option (and lighter to pack).

She hasn't melted...yet.  My sister is spoiling her.  Her cousin thinks she is cool.  I am worried she won't want to come home.  However, her influence on my niece gives me hope that my brother-in-law will send her home:)


Sunglasses, purse, and lip gloss and the shopping diva is ready!  Definitely the work of my daughter!


The little monkey is charming her cousin with all the cuteness--here she was trying to wave to the neighbors, but they could not see her since she was hidden by the railing, so she solved that problem!  Just like a little girl I once knew...



Kiahra still loves the challenge of keeping her balance.  Here her brother captured her after her ballet performance--suiting that she is pausing in the kitchen with her roses because she spends so much time dancing there too!

I love you, Kiahra!  I miss you!

1 comment: