Chayse and I try to ride my tandem bicycle to school every morning. I prefer this foremost because of the traffic, and secondly because it gives me a workout without carving out extra time for exercise.
This morning I received numerous offers from acquaintances to pick up Chayse which I politely declined. Perhaps I need to clarify that we are riding our bicycle because I can and because I want to...not because I have to (which would still be a good reason).
On my return home today, I followed the trail along the waterfront in the quiet foggy mist of the morning versus the fumes and roar of traffic. I rolled by a blue heron standing quietly in the water. I watched three pelicans swim in formation. I paused. I breathed deeply. Admittedly, the trail is a bit longer, but it is worth the extra mile!
As a child I recall my parents reminding me to go the extra mile, but frankly as children my brother and I were more fascinated with creating shortcuts through the farm. Admittedly, our shortcuts usually held all kinds of adventures and exploration--nonetheless who would go an extra mile??
The lens of age clarifies the wisdom of parents and grandparents.
Hahaha...ha...ha this was pretty funny to me because before I got into riding bike, I would see people riding and think hmm...DUI? Lol sounds beautiful and I wish I could ride that trail with you sis xoxo
ReplyDelete