Friday, November 2, 2012

End of a Season

The last water polo game of the season was played this week.

The team played tough even though their opponents were rough.  At half-time the score was 5-6.

It was a great game.

Afterwards, the girls were all smiles--they had played their hearts out for this senior game...for the two girls that helped build the emerging water polo team.

Even though not a game was won the entire season.

After the game, as I drove home I had a lump in my throat as I thought back to their first game.  Each girl grew stronger and stronger as the season progressed--and therein lies their success.  A small team quickly becomes family!  It was Nikela's first season--she had so much to learn at the beginning, but she finished having learned so much!  Not to mention the new friendships she forged!

Proud of all the girls...proud of my daughter.

Watch Nikela (#9) in this video from the final game.  Don't miss her goal!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting a video!! I have been dying to see her in action! Way to go nicci!! I actually yelled at my phone... Xoxo

    ReplyDelete