Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dilemma of an Auntie

Miles and miles and miles away my nieces and nephews are growing up without me, leaving me with the dilemma of how to let them know how close to my heart each one of them is.

So modern technology brought me Facetime.  Face to face we can chat.  It isn't quite the same as picking them up and hugging them or tickling them, but at least they know my face and my quirky sense of humor.

When I call, my youngest niece buzzes around the house sharing her life with me, and I talk to her.  I remember the day that technology failed us and my voice disappeared into cyberspace.   She stopped and looked at me, then she looked at her mama, and proclaimed, "Oh no!"

Awww...at least somebody likes to hear my voice.  My teenagers are not near as enthused.






No comments:

Post a Comment