Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Charming Smile

One week ago, my son adorned his charming smile with braces.  Within hours he could barely eat.

I am familiar with this routine since it is the third time we have 'embraced' it.  I had gathered soft foods and cold drinks in a feeble attempt to keep him nourished.  I also had bought extra-strength tylenol to attempt to keep the pain at bay.  Nonetheless, he was up in the night when the pain was too great.

48 hours into the adventure, we were walking out of his scout meeting when he softly groaned and brought his hand to his mouth.  I immediately responded, and he softly said, "I think ice-cream would help."

As I digested his words, I realized the situation was not dire, as his eyes twinkled impishly.  Luckily for him, I realized that worst was over...and we did stop for ice-cream on the way home.




2 comments: