Early in the morning (for teenagers), I loaded the suburban with kids (seven, if you are counting) and cruised over to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. When we arrived families were pouring out of the parking lot into the park. Admittedly, I was intimidated, but soon I was standing in line for my first roller coaster of the day with Chayse. The wait was minimal, and the fun began!
The kids scampered from ride to ride and I would catch glimpses of them randomly.
Then Chayse discovered the animals. She fed the giraffe who gobbled her veggies greedily.
Then when she sat down to wait, evidently she and the giraffe were captivated by the something to their left.
The African elephant charmed us with her "feats!"
She seemed to enjoy showing off!
Then we meandered by the stadium for the dolphin show at just the right time, so we stepped inside and I found seat in the shade, as the kids selected the splash zone!
The dolphins were fun to watch, but tricky to photograph! Generally I only captured the splash--except this time you can see the tails too!
We topped off the day with Dairy Queen before we journeyed back home...a quiet settling over the suburban as the movie rolled.

No comments:
Post a Comment