Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Classic

Finally, the vintage Levi shorts arrived in the mail.  Kiahra has been impatiently waiting for them.  The highly sought after high waisted Levi 512 fit her perfectly.

(Did I mention that I used to wear the same jeans?  And paid less for them?  Vintage aka mom is old.)

As the evening drew nigh, we were teasing her, so Kiahra decided to show us she could do squats...or not so much...so she switched to plies.  Granted she does those infinitely better than squats.  As I stood at the top of the stairs, I threatened to show her how a real squat was done....except every single step I take burns from the squats the trainer insisted I do at the gym this morning.  The idea of walking down the steps to make good on my threat was too much, so we bantered, as she danced in her "new" Levi's challenging me to try plies.

This entertainment session had her sister rolling on the floor to which Kiahra demanded, "Get yourself together.  Stand up!"

"Says the girl who can't even sit down," came the instant retort.

Vintage jeans don't have spandex and admittedly it takes some adaptation, but in the name of fashion...they look good!


And did I mention her multi-tasking ability?  She can make perfect popcorn on the cooktop while reading!

1 comment: