Friday, October 11, 2013

Flag Football

Football.  
Boys push each other around and throw a ball.  And it takes a long time when you are freezing in the bleachers.

Frankly, I did not understand the game in high school.  

Then I married a man who loves football.  I still didn't get it.  
Then we moved to Pittsburgh.  I tried harder to understand the game as my hubby and kids joined the Steelers football mania.  

I slowly started to grasp the general idea of the game.

But nothing teaches you a game like watching your son play.


#20 keeps an eye on the action as his dad lends a helping hand.


Ready to spring into action. 


Flag football requires two hand blocking.


As the cleats dig into the dirt, muscles strain and the battle is on!



His last game he had a 10 yard run and several good blocks.  He played offense on the first string.

And he came home grinning because boys like to chase the football and push each other around.

I am "getting" the concept now, but the bleacher seats are still cold.





1 comment: