Awaking to a foggy, grey dawn, we began our trek to Santa Cruz. As we wound through the familiar mountains, spring was painting the distinctive foliage unique shades of green with help from the coastal environment (similar to a rainforest with the moisture descending from the foggy, humid air~though cooler).
We arrived hungry at the Crow's Nest, and breakfast was served with oceanside views~much to my delight. I have missed dining near the ocean and watching the waves roll into the sandy, craggy Northern California beach~even on a foggy Sunday morning!
Afterwards we tried to capture a group photo with the timer setting when the shopkeeper stepped out onto the marina and offered to help!
Then I tried for a brother and sister shot...but Kade was tormenting his sister resulting in his big grin and her glare (she claims I have a "mom" look but I am not so sure hers isn't better!)
A drizzling rain started as we ventured down the Santa Cruz wharf next, but we sought solace in the rows of shops searching for goodies to take home. At the end of the wharf we found this exhausted mother sea lion sleeping as her baby nursed.
Then in predictable coastal fashion, the fog lifted and the sun broke through before we headed to the boardwalk (in the background)!

Jade is getting pretty tall!! You are a beautiful family:)
ReplyDelete*Kade!
ReplyDelete