Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Sunset Splendor
California sunsets will always be close to my heart~and one of the most vibrant greeted me as I stepped out into the brisk evening air on Sunday evening. As I stood there knowing I couldn't truly capture the splendor, I let my mind soak in the colors and landscape as I felt the tug of familiarity at my heart. Here, in this moment, I missed my old home.
My fondness for sunsets began when I was a child, and when I see a prairie sunset, a barefoot little girl emerges who wiggles her toes against the cooling earth. In contrast, my father loves the sunrise, as it brings the warmth of a new day...and a new beginning. While I appreciate the light nudging slowly against the horizon, my eyes and mind tend to be sleepy, but recently I feel that nudging encouraging me to embrace the emerging day and find my voice again.
The sun sets on our California adventure, and it rises again to embrace Indiana~and the rich tapestry is woven in our hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment