Saturday, June 13, 2015

Doorbell


23 years together today.

Recently, we hung our wedding pictures on the wall in our bedroom again. 

Our children don't recall seeing them before, as many pictures have stayed tucked away safely in a box amidst all the moves. 

And all these years later, I gaze at the pictures, wondering where those young kids are?! 

In our hearts, of course.


In the early years, my sweet husband often bought me red roses on special occasions 
or even just because.

Amidst the chaos of raising our family, flowers arrived less frequently, but I really didn't notice.  Instead I noticed when he would take our little kids for a drive in the old truck in Montana. The kids would be grinning from ear to ear waving goodbye to me (almost too willingly) in anticipation of an adventure with daddy. 
I noticed as he taught the kids how to build a campfire and then helped them roast marshmallows, and he would reach over and give me a quick squeeze, eyes twinkling as we watched our kids together.

More recently, I love the boisterous banter around the table, as the kids chatter about whatever is on their mind. Their dad often teases them, but just as quickly offers love and encouragement, 
and often he meets my eyes and winks or smiles.

These moments always make my heart flutter. 

But so did the delivery this morning!

Growing together for the past 23 years...but young at heart. Always.





1 comment: