Yesterday.
When I saw the rose bud in my yard, I thought of you.
When the kids tumbled into the car, I thought of you.
When I gazed up at the vast, clear California sky, I thought of you.
When we joined hands around the table last night and said grace, I thought of you.
When Kade grinned at me, I thought of you.
When Chayse kissed me good-night, I thought of you.
As the days slipped by this past year, I have thought of you often. It was never contrived, as your memory always slips in at random moments. Sometimes it strikes my fancy and I smile. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes my heart was lonely and I would want to call, but instead I had a conversation with my heart.
You were always there.
I miss you, though.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If only there was a phone in heaven..... goodbye is so hard
ReplyDelete