Friday, December 10, 2010

Road of Life



My sisters and I are sitting here in the middle of the country road that runs by the family farm. A few miles down the road we grew up...together.

I left home first, and I remember the homesickness that would creep into my heart at night for those pesky little sisters. Then they grew up and left home too. Now we are miles apart. However, we still travel down the road of life together because we are close in heart.

Today I sit here remembering the arrival of my oldest daughter. I remember labor...delivery...and looking at her face for the first time. I remember my sister, Kristi, holding her for the first time. In her face, I could see she was enamored too with this little girl. Later I remember Kristi and I sitting with Lisa in the labor and delivery room together waiting for another baby. Sisters sharing and waiting. Today, as the nostalgia floods me, I am waiting for another baby to arrive. This time Kristi is beginning the offical journey into motherhood.

Another bond for us to share as we travel down the road of life. Together we are sisters. Together now we will be mothers. Together we cry, laugh, celebrate, mourn, and live...

and wait...not so patiently...

2 comments:

  1. True that!!! A toast to us! you are both such amazing and inspiring people... i am so blessed! The best part of watching Kristi join us in motherhood? Playing the part of older sis! worst? Knowing labor pain and not being able to take it away!
    Congrats Kristi and Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you both and wishing you were here!!!:( Kaiya needs her aunties!

    ReplyDelete