This morning, as I worked in the back of the kindergarten classroom, the little people were rehearsing their play. Chayse was assigned one of the final lines, and I was shrinking into my shoes as I listened to the kids with their lines already memorized. I hadn't even looked at the paper yet...
Then my little girl stepped up to the front projecting her lines with enthusiasm and perfect inflection...by heart. In stunned pride, I watched. She was the shining star.
Fumbling my mind tried to figure out how this could have happened. Chayse has an uncanny ability to memorize lyrics to songs, but I knew we hadn't even read the lines together, so she certainly hadn't heard them often enough to learn them with one class rehearsal. I stood there dumbfounded.
Well, Chayse took her play to her oldest sister. The sister who performed in a mini-musical last Wednesday night and knocked our socks off with her phenomenal performance. She even had a solo with a dummy and completely rocked it!
Chayse loved it!
Then on Friday, Chayse watched Kiahra perform a play at the grade school for her drama class. She was goldilocks in a mixed-up play. She played the part like a fiddle. Her ability to stay in character was also impressive.
Chayse loved it, too!
Big sisters have paved the way, and Chayse has watched them closely, but under their tutelage (unseen by me) her sisters taught her the lines with expression.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww!!! i wish i could have been there for all that!! hugs for everyone... from us!
ReplyDeleteI seem to remember a certain sister of mine who has crazy talent in theater as well... miss you