"Mommy, my sister looks so pretty today." The voice from the backseat was almost dreamy.
The blonde curls hung down her back as she walked towards the school. Her baggy pale pink sweater hung off one shoulder and the grey skinny jeans were accentuated with cute sandals.
I knew without looking that Chayse hadn't missed any details. She probably even noticed the sparkling pink eye shadow and white eyeliner that I had missed. I know her adoring eyes followed her sister until we were out of sight.
My heart flutters when my girls reveal their love for each other.
After school, the love continued as the girls teased and wrestled each other. The shrieks of delight were almost ear piercing, but still I smiled. In those rambunctious moments the carefree heart of childhood plays uninhibited. A fleeting moment at best...so I tried to etch it into my heart.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment