Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Rather Blustery Day


Hum dum dum ditty dum
Hum dum dum
Oh the wind is lashing lustily
And the trees are thrashing thrustily
And the leaves are rustling gustily
So it's rather safe to say
That it seems that it may turn out to be
It feels that it will undoubtedly
It looks like a rather blustery day, today
It sounds that it may turn out to be
Feels that it will undoubtedly
Looks like a rather blustery day today

~Winnie-the-Pooh

Far far away...where I grew up, it is a blustery day.  I remember blustery days--and I didn't always embrace it as Pooh does.  

But today I would exchange my calm, sunshiny, 85 degree day for the blustery day.  

Because today my sister is getting married, and like any good country girl she wanted to embrace the outdoors for her wedding--like a farmer gambling on the weather.  It is in her blood.  

But what she doesn't know as her frustration mounts this morning is that is will all be okay--even if she gets married in the old farmhouse that has been in the family for almost a century.  

In life very few things go as planned, and like Winnie-the-Pooh just rolling along with it is often the best.  

From far far away I sit here wishing I could share her blustery day...wishing I could see her beautiful face...wishing I could hear my nephew strumming on his guitar

...wishing my sister the best on her wedding the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment