Monday, October 1, 2012
Sunflowers
Sunflowers remind me of my rural roots...of a little farm girl curious how sunflowers could follow the sun throughout the day. Then at the end of the day the giant heads would bow as if in prayer.
Sunflowers and the vibrant leaves of autumn mark my favorite time of year.
Except it really doesn't arrive here in California, so I sulk throughout the fall waiting for the world to change color....waiting in my kitchen to warm the crisp air with a simmering pot of soup...waiting to curl up in a blanket with a good book.
Nostalgic, I snatch up fresh cut sunflowers at the farmer's market instead.
Keenly aware that Sunday afternoon drives in the Black Hills are irreplaceable.
Keenly aware that yesterday on my Sunday afternoon we were only several minutes behind the freeway shooting.
Keenly aware I am homesick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wishing you were here sis-star... ily
ReplyDelete