Thirty years ago my father brought home the lumber to build a bunk bed. I remember my anticipation as I watched him measuring and sawing. Slowly (in my child's mind) the bed was finished, and soon I was an excited twelve year old girl sleeping in my new bed with a younger sister below. I think we may have even been snuggled under Smurf bedspreads!
Eventually, I traded the bunk bed for a dorm bed when I went off to college, but the dorm never compared to my cozy bed at home.
As the years rolled by I found myself with two beautiful little girls whose brother would be arriving soon. I asked about the old bunk bed, and soon it was delivered to my Montana door!
We have carried that bed around the country for years.
Now the two girls are big. My littlest girl is growing fast, and I decided it was time to update the ol' bunk bed to a twin bed.
The bunk bed that solidly and proudly bore its scars of love came down for the last time. We carried it into the garage.
Within a day, a young couple with two little girls came to pick up the bed.
And I wonder if it once again will become a fortress of adventures.
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment