Tuesday, September 23, 2014

An Excuse for Cake

I love birthdays.  I do not like to count birthdays, but I love a celebration of life and family. 


As the brisk fall air settled into the late Sunday afternoon, dinner for 10 was served on the deck.  Beef tenderloin, baked potatoes, and asparagus were on the menu, complimented by a fine cabernet sauvignon.

Scrumptious.


The cake.

No ordinary German chocolate cake.

It was made with lots of love and fresh ingredients in my kitchen with a master baker and a chatty princess whose excitement was spilling out of her!

 The cake was fluffy.  The frosting was perfect.  

Divine.


This little girl loved ALL the birthday preparations for her mommy.  She wrapped her present with so much love.  Her eyes twinkled, her feet danced, and her face glowed with anticipation all day.  Her enthusiasm was infectious!


I still can't believe I live down the road from this "little" sister.  It has been years since we have been together on this birthday.


Finally it was time for cake, and another sweet face, as the sun slowly went down on a perfect birthday evening!

********

1 comment: