No first day of school photos.
Journeying into uncharted territory is tough, but he looked snazzy in his polo and shorts (a uniform requirement).
At lunchtime he sat down at a table, alone...surrounded by chairs that slowly disappeared as other students needed more around their tables until one lone chair and he remained. He grinned charismatically as he recounted the tale. (I wanted to cry).
The next day he got up and did it all over again with a sense of determined perseverance. He understands you just keep doing what is hard, hoping it will get easier.
That is why hope was left in Pandora's box because sometimes that is all you have. Hope.
Just over eight weeks earlier on June 12, 2014, he was gathering with his friends on a breezy California Bay morning as they prepared to line up for their eighth grade graduation ceremony. He wore his humble roots proudly.
For the second time in two weeks, I watched as one of my children filed into the PAC for graduation.
The wait was long, but the grin told me it was worth it!
He was easy to spot in the sea of classmates.
His first congratulatory hug from his dad...priceless.
Surrounded by sister love!
A good friend.
Another good friend who would be relocating a few days later too. With an adventuresome spirit they navigated their first day of sailing together on the breezy lagoon~smooth sailing it was not but laughter and determination persevered. I know that spirit will carry them forward again.
No matter where these young men journey, I know they have memories to last a lifetime, and I hope that someday their paths will cross again.

Love him:) I need to learn to have his attitude and not let the disappearing chairs be anything more then a good story! Xoxo
ReplyDelete