Last year we missed our annual trek to a pumpkin patch.
Kade was adamant that we not miss the fun this year.
Luckily just a few miles down the road, a farm welcomes pumpkin seekers and offers lots of fun.
The petting zoo residents were resting in the late Sunday afternoon warmth~even the baby goats were quietly dozing and had no interest in rising for visitors.
The next stop was the barn loft where Chayse zipped down the slide into the fresh straw.
Swinging from the rope was fun too!
Soon we were bouncing down the road in the wagon on our "straw" ride to the pumpkin field. Yes, dad, that is a Farmall tractor at the helm!
Once we reached the field everyone was off in search of the perfect pumpkin! This is no small challenge.
Success for my happy pumpkin pickers!
Chillin' in the wagon.
The landscape made this farm girl smile.
And it also made me buy cornstalks, but I had to try to find the shortest ones! Indiana corn is very tall...too tall for transporting efficiently!
Now we are ready to embrace October.

Fall is beautiful there! I will trade you for my wind and rain;). I love the photos! Next I want ideas on how you use those pumpkins and stalks to decorate!! Xoxo
ReplyDelete