Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cars

Three months after my arrival in California, I realized that one must be vigilant in watching for luxury cars because the drivers are apt to cut you off, dive bomb into lanes, and fail to yield. Basically, I am not awed by the expensive cars. I am just trying to stay alive, and their distinctive designs are like a flashing caution light. (Did I mention that luxury cars here don't even include the Lexus--those movies where everyone is driving $100,00+ cars, well, the producers are just mimicking their California reality.)

Then I read stories in the news that give me nightmares. Last fall, a young student was killed in the cross walk by a BMW driving teacher.

Well, yesterday a Berkley graduate student affirmed my observation after two years of detailed research--even down to the car models.

I haven't even been here two years...

I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment