Street hockey...car museum...bocce ball...ice skating...the time passed in a blur of activity, as I listened to the familiar banter of the boys.
Until yesterday morning...
when it was time to part ways the voices were quieter and the eyes were softer and cast downward. Suddenly my little boys grew older, as I heard bravado in phrases like "have a good trip home," "take care", and " have fun, but not too much fun."
The word good-bye was distinctly absent. Not that I can blame them, as it is the hardest word to utter when the heart is reluctant.
And without a doubt the hearts were reluctant, even mine.
The mood of the day was reflected in the weather, as the forecasted rain came in the night. The heaviness of the moisture in the clouds was too much too bear, and it poured.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had a great time and also hate goodbyes!
ReplyDeleteLaurie