Tuesday, May 8, 2012

On Monday mornings, as I scramble to get the kids off to school with minimal catastrophes, I sometimes lose focus.

So today as I peddled my bicycle out of the driveway, I breathed deeply and looked at the world around me.

Silhouettes of the mountains across the bay stretched familiarly across the horizon.  The tide was out.  The birds soared overhead.  My skin quickly absorbed the warm rays of sunshine.  The vibrant pink and yellow blossoms were opening to greet the day.

*****************

As the sun rose higher in the pale blue California sky, temperatures rose into the 80s.

By late afternoon, our daughter was cruising over to the DMV for her driving test, and she appealed to her father..."It is so hot today, especially without any air conditioning in the car.  I may not even be able to pass my test because the person testing me will be so unbearably hot and uncomfortable!"

Well, the tester evidently did not want to endure another hot trip because he passed her.

Clever argument nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment