Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Cruising into Summer
The Golden Gate Bridge view from the water. It was my first cruise under the bridge--which is even more impressive from this perspective.
From San Francisco Bay, the city streets are clearly visible.
My first glimpse of Alcatraz perched on the famous rock. Someday, I will plan ahead and book the island tour too.
Amidst the whirlwind of tour activities, we are embracing summer with friends and sharing the city we first met two years ago in our cross country move. Of course that means walking the famous hills which my sister affectionately dubbed Lori's bootcamp; however, last week it was renamed the death march. I am tempted to find steeper hills...or perhaps leave my "soldiers" to their own defenses in the middle of the city. Or I may just keep my sense of humor...
Speaking of humor, yesterday we paused for household chores (yeah the humor was definitely limited with this announcement). Anyway, I came across the freshly cleaned floor and hesitated--it was a skating rink. My son had used the swiffer cleaner, but unbeknownst to him it was furniture polish. (When will boys start reading the fine print??) So the gleaming floor looks good, just proceed with caution.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha I love hose monsters of yours:)
ReplyDelete