My son was up early with his friend, John, and they were out the door without so much as a nod from me as I worked to make breakfast.
The boys stopped to smell the flowers--literally and discovered a snail! Then as they looked closer, they discovered there were lots of snails of all shapes and sizes. Inevitably, the snails were soon transported by curious hands right into my kitchen! Even I couldn't resist pausing to study the snails (though no escargot on the menu).
Those two little boys never have difficulty finding adventure or embracing the world with exuberance.
We lived in Greycliff, Montana when Kade was born, and his friend John was merely 3 months old and one of his first visitors!
As our first (only) son, I remember reading a card or two with the famous words welcoming the arrival of little boys into families...and I suspect I may have mumbled about the stereotype.
Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That's what little boys are made of!
The truth is I love those little boys--snails and all!
I only wish they would grow at a snail's pace
Very cool, I havent seen that before...
ReplyDelete