Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Road Trip Queen


3,950 miles.

2,800 miles were all mine with 4 kids, 2 dogs, and 1 travel trailer embraced along the way by our friends and family.

Home.

We stepped out into the evening air and scrambled to find jackets. Kade was positively excited to leave behind the heat--grinning from ear to ear when he proclaimed, "Ah, feel the cool air!"

I complained all summer about it being too cold, and I even had to admit that it felt good to be home in the distinctively cool climate of San Francisco.



However, now the memories keep me warm...like this rainy afternoon in Belle Fourche, when my sister and I (with all the kids) took cover in the little coffee shop before browsing through the quilt store across the street...and then the antique store down the street.

3 comments:

  1. it went too fast!! we need to plan a christmas/kaiya's bday/new years trip with all of us... xoxo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete