Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Evening Drama

(I enter the room. Kiahra and Kade are engaged in an animated conversation. Nikela is leaning back in her chair smiling. Oblivious I walk to the kitchen."

Kiahra: "What class do you have second period?"

Nikela: "Mom, you should be listening to this!"

Kade: (Not noticing interruption) "Bravo."

Kiahra: "Then I pass you on the way to third period."

(I am thinking...boring...why do I need to listen?)

Seeing the look on my face, Nikela interjects.

Nikela: "They are planning how to pass off the PE shirt."

(Ah-hah! Kiahra's PE shirt is MIA. She searched the house to no avail. It is mandatory to wear the assigned shirt...tomorrow. It is 9:30 PM)

Kiahra: "And mom, it is perfect because your shirt has to have your first initial and name written on it. K. Klinghagen!"

Mom: "Very clever."

And the plotting continues.

1 comment:

  1. haha i miss their faces... looks like someday my kids might benefit from my cheesy j theme;)

    ReplyDelete