I sent my son to the store last night for a couple items...though his sister added to the list before handing it to her brother.
He loves to ride his bike. He enthusiastically embraces my errands. He grabs his backpack and the money I extend, and he is off pedaling two miles.
Upon his return, he sauntered into the house and began unloading his backpack. I was standing in the kitchen working and watching him...when he lifted a 10 pound bag of sugar out! I stared in utter amazement.
"Kade, your were carrying that in your pack?" I inquired incredulously.
"Yeah," he nonchalantly answered pulling more items from his backpack.
"You carried 10 pound of sugar on your back while pedaling your bike?" I persisted.
"It weighs that much? No it doesn't," he countered and paused to look at me.
"Yes, it does. Read the bag," I demanded.
He acknowledged that the bag claimed to be 10 pounds, but he persisted in telling me it really wasn't that heavy.
My little boy scout hikes through the mountains with a 25 pound pack, so maybe he really didn't think it was too heavy. I tried to assuage my guilt all night by justifying the trip as good training for his next hike...unsuccessfully.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment