Friday, November 20, 2009

Stories

I love stories, and Chinaberry is my favorite source for children's books. Their magazine is like curling up with a good friend, as each book is thoroughly reviewed with love.

My favorite Christmas story is The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus . I will read at least one chapter from this book each night until Christmas Eve. In the delightful review, one will find an excerpt from the beginning of the tale.

Miss Rumphius is one of my all time favorites. A beautiful story about a little girl and her grandfather, and how she grows up and remembers his words.

Speaking of grandparents, Something From Nothing is another wonderful story. Snuggling in with a child, it is also fun to follow the illustrated story about a family of mice below street level on each page.

Wild Child is a delightful story that uses nature to capture the whimsical nature of young children. Mother earth patiently prepares her child for bed in this vibrantly illustrated story complete with rhyme.

Mouse Mess was Nikela's favorite. A little mouse creates a bit of chaos in the house--what's not to love?

In the future, I will add some parenting books and adult reads to my lists, but in the meantime, browse Chinaberry and subscribe to their catalog for your loved ones and yourself. All the books listed here were uncovered through Chinaberry, but they no longer carry some of the stories, thus the links to Amazon. Honestly, the accuracy of Chinaberry's reviews exceeds Amazon's, so I try to support them by purchasing my books from them. Chinaberry also has books for older kids and adults and neat gifts for all ages (also reviewed).

Oops...Chayse is insisting I add her favorite book, Who Hops, to the list. Young preschoolers love this simple story about who can hop, slither, jump, fly, and crawl.

1 comment:

  1. Off to check these out! Love the recommendations - I mean, Santa loves the recommendations ... ;)

    ReplyDelete