Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dance

"I hope you never lose your sense of wonder...And when you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance. I hope you dance...I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance...I hope you dance."

Lee Ann Womack recorded this song several years ago with great success, and this morning some of the lines come back to me as I pause in remembrance of Karen. Karen was not afraid to dance. I loved that.

Today Kiahra will take the stage, and dance. Last night after rehearsal, she came home and sat patiently while her Aunt Kristi and I figured out how to make rag curls to ensure she had perfect ringlets for the performance. Though her faith in us may have wavered a bit during the process, today she is sporting a cute rag doll look with hope.



However, all our hearts are in Montana today, as Karen's family and friends bid their final farewell. Ours hearts ache, but we celebrate Karen's dance through life and her unwavering faith.

Though as I listen to the song again, my heart is squeezed tightly and a lump fills my throat. It hurts.

As I think of all the hearts that ache today, I hope you...Joe, Melissa, Billy, Charlie, Mandi, and Kelli pause to consider the dance Karen taught all of you.

"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance...Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance"

The ragged curls of grief may shake your faith and seem insurmountable mountains; however, I hope you (we) can sport the ragged curls with faith...knowing your wife and mother (friend) will forever guide your (our) hearts.

Tonight Kiahra will dance for Karen.

1 comment:

  1. Kiahra - I have been thinking of all day. I don't know what time you go on tonight, so instead I look at the clock and wonder what you are doing. Do you have butterflies? Are you lacing your slippers? How did those curls turn out?

    Know you have fan a long, long way away.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete