Monday, December 21, 2009

Three days ago, we awoke to our first snowfall. It was a very fluffy, light snow, but it totalled four whole inches!! Unprecedented in my brief experience in Pittsburgh. I love snow. I love to see the countryside bathed in white, especially here with all the naked craggy black trees jutting into the landscape--it looks like the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

I have waited a few days before sharing my excitement because the snow could just as easily disappear, but it is still here...and I am dreaming of a white Christmas.

My boys are dreaming of snowboarding.

Blueberry hill does offer magnificent, snowy fun on a quiet Sunday afternoon (since the Steelers were playing), though it is steep and long making one susceptible to a tumble or two, nonetheless, smiles emerge.



New snowboard skills this year...looking good, Ethan!



Air on the snowboard. Exhilarating.



Unless, one is the mother with heart suspended in mid-air. Thank goodness for a appreciative dad, who captured the glory of the moment.


Not to worry Mom, it was under control the whole time with a picture perfect landing.



No wonder I have to color my hair, Kade.

1 comment: