Freeway. Freeway implies an unimpeded way--a road that will allow one to travel by motor vehicle quickly.
Here a freeway is generally at least five lanes which may lead one to believe that despite the high concentration of people, one could drive freely. Could is the key word because it implies...in theory.
As one who is familiar with metropolitan traffic, rush hour is always wrought with challenges; however, the time of day is not a good indicator of traffic flow in the San Francisco area. It is impossible to gauge the best time to plan my freeway usage which leaves me irritated.
I do like the metered accesses to the freeway, or the bottleneck would be a complete nightmare.
Highway 101 is one of my local freeways. I travel 101 at 6:30 AM every morning. Thus far, that proves to be the best time to travel if one is seeking a freeway, but one must be awake to merge and navigate the busy five lanes at 70 mph.
Any other time, it can be unpredictable. Thus local folks reference it as the 101 Parking Lot. As you can imagine, the parking lot tries Ron's patience on his daily commute home.
With the current budget crisis, I am assured that I will not be able to propose a new label for this road; however, the government managed to become sidetracked by a proposal to outlaw plastic bags in the state of California rather than focus on what I percieved would be more key issues. Thus I am sitting here thinking of a new label for the freeway...any suggestions?
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahahahah awesome
ReplyDelete