Monday, September 20, 2010

New to me...

2003 Honda Accord.

Kiahra was enamored, "Are we really going to buy a car? I don't remember ever owning a CAR!"

Nikela was nearby making sure it was acceptable to drive to school.

Kade was checking out the sunroof.

Chayse was playing with the neighbor boy.

The couple with their children grown nurtured their "baby" and were thorough in the farewell details.

It is a little four cylinder with a five speed transmission.

I took it for my first cruise to the library. Kiahra was with me. After we took off...

She said, "You do know how to drive this don't you? Please tell me you do."

Unspoken, was PLEASE don't embarrass me in the passenger seat.

Admittedly we haven't owned a five speed for a few years.

She needn't have worried though, any five speed is manageable within a few minutes if one ever drove my dad's old tilt cab. I was fine. More than fine. I even took my first u-turn on a dime. Soo excited!

Shared my excitement with a friend in the neighborhood, and when we left to go home my husband thought I should have the lights on. Really? I have to turn them on? I have had automatic headlights for over 10 years...well, I did find them. If it is my greatest disappointment I suspect I will survive.

Did I mention the only other flaw is the sound system? The gentleman upgraded (significantly) the speakers which will make it a bit too cool for a teenager to eventually be driving. However, in the meantime, I suppose it is my job just try to wear the speakers out!

Oh, and I parallel parked today...totally rocked. I can park anywhere!

The ultimate in exciting is the carefully documented city gas mileage. Ready? 23 mpg.

Kade crawled into the car with me yesterday and promptly opened the sunroof, rolled down the windows, and turned the music up.

1 comment: