As a family that likes to bicycle, this is the attachment that creates a tandem bike for kids. This is how Chayse and I ride to school every morning.
This morning, as I continue my battle with a nasty cold that now includes an exhausting cough, we headed out. The first block was tough. I just didn't realize how sickness affects my stamina and strength. The second block, I wasn't sure I could endure the 1.4 miles. Irritated with myself, I focused on peddling. By the third block, the tandem started to sway.
"Chayse, please don't look around. Just peddle and balance," I pleaded.
"I am not, Mom."
"Well, then what are you doing?" I snap in exhaustion.
"I am peddling backwards."
AAaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! Seriously? Added resistence that I didn't need? Resistence that I managed to counter (drag) to the point of making the tandem sway?
Next I am pleading in my nicest voice to only peddle forward.
Parenthood.
Some days I wonder if I will survive.
Lori, I can remember those days well, and let me tell you parenting never ends! This is all good. We never lose our sense of worth that way!
ReplyDelete