Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dining out last night, the girls and I were laughing over dinner together when suddenly the entire restaurant erupted. Simultaneously, people were shouting and cheering as the waiters disappeared. At first I was puzzled by the timing...what was going on that it didn't matter where people were seated? A birthday celebration. It couldn't be. As the noise continued and escalated, I looked over at the sports bar through the adjoining glass, and at that moment I heard "Let's go, Giants, let's go!"

Aaaahhh, baseball. The Giants had pulled ahead in the eighth inning. Thanks to electronic devices no devout fan missed the home run, even if they weren't in front of the big screen, even if they were drug out to dinner.

Baseball is big here. San Franciscans loves their Giants. In one of the earlier games of the series, a very pregnant woman painted a baseball on her belly. Admittedly, these fans appear to be as crazy as Steelers' fans.

Last night, the Giants locked in their spot in the World Series. I suspect the adventures will continue.

1 comment: