Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hazardous Weather Outlook

As I read the report with fascination, I was informed of a frost advisory and a freeze watch. Our overnight low may drop as low as 35 degrees. Currently, it is a cool 52 degrees and the wind is blowing.

A Montana hazardous weather outlook is also posted. Snow, blowing snow, and subzero temperatures are predicted. Currently it is -5 and snowing (according to the National Weather Service).

I have slowly understood that weather advisories are tailored for the area. A frost advisory seems ludicrous to me...particularly on November 23. However, it evidently is not typical and if I look around, everything is still green here.

Nevermind the current 60 degree temperature spread between California and Montana. Nevermind that I cannot fully wrap my brain around the weather warnings...after all this is what makes it feel like fall to me. Nevermind that I still don't even wear a coat here.

1 comment:

  1. It is winter here. In Bozeman all day and had lovely roads. Its been a while since we have had snow and cold like this!
    We really miss our sledding buddies!
    The Rennie's

    ReplyDelete