Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Home Again

Showered with hugs and kisses, I felt very special. My family missed me. I missed them too.

However, I had a wonderful, wonderful weekend with my sister and her husband. I was welcomed with my sister's lasagna--my absolute favorite! Throughout the weekend I enjoyed a quiet lunch along the Ohio River in Newburgh, IN at a darling little Italian bistro, admired the handsome, old homes along the riverfront in Evansville, meandered through the flea market, survived Walmart, curled up on the couch in conversation and even watched a little tv, captured a few photos, browsed in a few stores, discovered how much has changed since I had children...and reluctantly said good-bye yesterday. I hugged my sister tight at the airport...my heart reluctant to leave. I miss my extended family so much! But next time, I will get to squeeze my new little niece. So impatient.

Admittedly, Ron's weekend was far more eventful than mine as he navigated the kids' schedules and even managed an ER visit for Kiahra. She sliced her finger open with the hand blender. The concept makes me queasy...and admittedly I still haven't seen it...I just can't look. However, I reassure myself with the hope she will heal well and quickly.

Nonetheless, I am home. Renewed. Relaxed. Ready for the next trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment