The orange leaves dance in the breeze outside my sister's kitchen window as the morning sun glistens. I seek out opportunities to stand by the window. It reminds me of my woods in Pittsburgh that I miss so much.
I landed safely in Evansville yesterday afternoon. The sleepy little airport sharply contrasts Dallas and San Francisco. I stepped out onto the sidewalk so quickly I was caught off gaurd. I immediately was scanning for the familiar car of my sister just to remember she had bought a new one, but was driving a loaner (long story). I was at a complete loss, so I picked up my phone. Turns out she was in a little blue Aveo which my husband would label a pregnant roller-skate...and the irony that my very pregnant sister was driving it made me smile. The airport was unfamiliar. The car was unfamiliar. The baby belly was unfamiliar. But my sister's beautiful smile was so familiar.
Utterly wonderful to see her. Then she tells me she loves my boots...and by the way did you read your daughter's blog? She is slyly grinning, so I know that somehow she knows I am wearing Kiahra's boots. The answer lies on Tween Sass
This morning, I awoke to a quiet house. I didn't realize how noisy my life is...
Then my sister tells me I need to read Nikela's blog...and I am reminded how noisy my life is :)
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment